Please follow the rubric and instructions.
Middle School Communication Arts – Portfolio: Please bring two pieces with you to the assessment – one photograph and one graphic.
- Bring one of the following photographs taken by the student with brief summary describing it. The photograph may be taken on a phone or with a camera.
- A Landscape (such as a photograph taken outside in nature)
- A Portrait (such as an image of a person)
- An Abstract(an image that does not represent a subject in a literal way)
- Bring one of the following graphics created by the student with a brief summary describing it. The graphic may be done by hand or digitally.
- Create a Menu
- Create a Poster
- Create a Brochure or Program
Day of Assessment:
- In-class writing Be prepared to participate in a group writing activity. Students must bring a pen—no pencils.
Please do not combine the communication arts portfolio with a visual arts portfolio. They need to be separate.
ALL communication arts portfolios dropped off during the assessment days must be picked up from Cab Calloway between the dates of January 28th to February 4th.
ALL portfolios are to have the student’s full name written on the outside in permanent marker. All pieces within the portfolio should have student’s full name written on the back of each piece. If you are submitting your portfolio on a memory key, please bring it into the assessment in a 6 x 9 envelope clearly labeled with the student’s full name.